Free Year Round Classes
At no cost, classes are open Monday – Thursday at 1pm – 3pm and 5:30pm – 7:30pm except for holidays. We provide in-class tutoring, GED® preparation, and computer training. Give us a call at (216) 491-0699 or you can register online today!
- Starting where students are academically, building individual strengths and empowerment through high quality tutoring support
- Providing an encouraging and supportive environment to enhance confidence towards success
- Providing individual assistance in the required subjects -math, reading, and writing.
- Using pre-testing to determine strengths and weaknesses.
- Basic computer training to practice the skills needed for taking the Official GED® 2014 Test.
- Engaging learners in general computer classes to increase skills for jobs or personal reasons.
- Providing job skills building support including job search, resume writing, job postings and job referrals
- Over 150 students enrolled during the 2013-2014 school year
- Fifty-seven G.E.D. recipientssuccessfully passed since 2011-present
GED® Practice Test
- Offered one week each month to determine a student’s readiness for the Official GED® Test.
- After the GED® Practice Test, students receive post-test counseling and an individualized learning plan, used as a study guide to help students prepare for the Official GED® test.
- Provide assistance with registering for the GED® test online, www.gedtestingservice.com and scholarship applications for GED® 2014 testing
- Contact Thea Bowman Center, Cheryl Johnson at (216) 491-0699, ext. 13 or Cheryl.Johnson@theabowmancenter.org for testing information
Cuyahoga Community College
The Thea Bowman Center is a host site for Cuyahoga Community College GED® classes in the Mt. Pleasant Community. If you would like more information contact Cuyahoga Community College at www.tri-cedu/ged
See a testimony below.